Sunday 2 December 2012

Campbell's Calendar - Secret Weddings, Australia & Transport!

Hello all - hope you're enjoying your Sunday.  I'm bringing you another of my weekly round-ups to let you know what's been going on over the past seven days here at Campbell's HQ.  I've noticed that these little posts are quite popular and that lots of you read them, so thank you one and all and here's another!

This week  had a very special Australian connection and also featured Dory and organising her paperwork - she's the star of Friday and is such a welcome and exciting addition to our little Campbell's enterprise.  But before I get too ahead of myself, here's what happened the rest of the week!

Sunday

As you know from last week's theme, we love working with other industry creative people and are really big supporters of the fabulous The Natural Wedding Company, if you haven't come across them,  and you love natural weddings, then I'd really recommend popping over to their website and blog.  We happily found ourselves in rather auspicious company when we were featured in a blog post that Charlie had put together about Christmas wreaths.  Click on the link to read more ...


Our 'Steel City' wreath made from materials sourced in and around Sheffield pop over to our website for more designs or to order your specially designed Christmas wreath get in touch


Monday

Caught up with the lovely Sophie Colgate, writer extraordinaire, who I'm happy to say has become very much part of the Campbell's family.  She and Matt have just got back from a month's holiday in Australia.  What they didn't tell anyone though, was that they planned to get married in Sydney - just the two of them, oh, and a couple of really good friends thrown in for good measure! Isn't that seriously romantic?  They even had to pack their clothes into their suitcases as the airline wouldn't let Matt take his suit in a suitbag on the airplane!

Here she is on her day looking seriously gorgeous and glam - I LOVE this shot ...


Oh, and the dress, and the setting (Sydney harbour, opposite the Opera House) .... I could go on!  But there's much more to come on this story ...

Tuesday

The very lovely Ruth from Shuut Films got in touch with the video that she and her business partner, Shine, (yes, that is her name - isn't it just gorgeous and she wears the most fabulous heels all day?!) made whilst at the recent and rather fabulous Designer Vintage Bridal Show.  As regular readers will know, we had the best time there and met some really wonderful industry people.  Here's the link to view their brilliant video - if you watch carefully you'll see us in it twice just towards the end!  If you're looking for a videographer for your wedding or engagement, I couldn't recommend Ruth and Shine more highly - not only are they brilliant at what they do but they are just lovely too!



Wednesday

I went foraging today and made this for a special DIY guest blog post - I'll let you have details very soon!



Thursday

Attended the fab B2B Ladies Lunch networking group today.  I'm not always great at networking as I find they can sometimes be a bit stuffy and I seem to find that I'm always the one who ends up being a business lead for others rather than ever finding anyone who wants to give me business!  Anyway, this was definitely an exception and it was fantastic to meet a group of like-minded, professional businesswomen who were fun, relaxed and lovely with it!

In the afternoon I met with the lovely Rachel from Mosaic Brides for a chat about an upcoming feature.  I'd met her (literally a hello and a handshake) a couple of times before but hadn't had the chance to really chat.  Sometimes you just really hit it off with people and her enthusiasm and interest was fantastic - more on this to follow!



Friday

Dory, the latest addition to team Campbell's arrived and she's gorgeous! She's a Citroen Nemo and is a dream to drive - I just love her already!  She needs something really fabulous to wear and M is organising livery for her as I type - I just can't wait to see what he comes up with.  Exciting times!


Here's me looking very pleased!


I'd received a call earlier in the week from one of my favourite clients, Deborah at the University of Sheffield.  They were hosting a special dinner for the homeless charity, Shelter, and asked if I could design some table arrangements around their clients corporate colour, red.  I decided on something quite pretty but not too Christmassy as, despite getting ludicriously excited about Christmas every year, I do think it can start a bit early (says she with a Christmas blog post up already!).  Here's what I made:


My first delivery in Dory!  I think this would look equally nice for a quite 'grown up' wedding too, don't you?

Saturday

The whole Sydney connection continued on Tuesday, when I received the loveliest email today from a lady in who lives in Australia but was en route for Singapore.  Her really dear friend was getting married in Sheffield on Saturday and could she commission a very special Antipodean bouquet for her!  The bride is British, but the groom is Australian and my client, Ann, asked if the design could feature eucalyptus, wax flower and banksia if possible.  I managed to get quite a number of these Australian natives, adding gorgeous 'Alchemy' roses for the British connection! As you can imagine I was thrilled that our website is appealing to flowery folk from the other side of the world!  Here's what I designed ...


My photography never does the flowers justice, this is literally my best shot!


A close up of the gorgeous textures

Today was also my good friend Amy's Pure Enough second birthday party at her gorgeous shop on Banner Cross.  Over the past year Amy and I have really supported each other in our businesses and share the same values when it comes to working with others.  Her party was fantastic and she works really hard to showcase the talent and creativity of other businesses in the area.  Those contributing to team Pure Enough were Snap Deli who produced the most delicious nibbles, Jenn Edwards who was on hand with hair and make tips and lots of amazing demonstrations, Our Tiny Bees who are a local bee keeping business who make their own fabulous products which Amy now stocks. I couldn't resist and just had to buy!  Pop over to Amy's website for how to order all her gorgeous Christmas treats all  her lovely products are completely natural and smell divine too!


These little cupcake holders are a new product range from Oasis which have just been launched and are just perfect for weddings


Here's a close up of one!

I also managed two consultations on Saturday too - one with a really sweet couple who travelled all the way from York and the other with Jessica & Ben who booked me without even meeting me (they were recommended though!). We really hit it off so well and ended up talking about all kinds of things.  They're getting married next September at the newly refurbished St. Marie's Catholic Cathedral, which apparently is just gorgeous.  I'm planning on a visit next week as I have another Bride, the lovely Danielle, getting married there in the Spring next year.  I'll try and take some pics.

Well, that's it from me for another week, any comments, questions, queries etc are always welcome - I love getting your feedback, I know how many of you are reading this, but I don't always know what you think of it!

'til next week, enjoy

Tracey x





No comments: