Friday 21 September 2012

Our New Website is Live!

Good morning all, it seems apt in the midst of the MADE Festival, here in Sheffield, that we at Campbell's Flowers are incredibly proud to launch our gorgeous new website today.  Taking part in the festival, I had the most inspirational of days yesterday, followed by a fantastic dinner - but more of that later in a separate special post.

When I set up my business, I made the decision not to go rushing out and spending a lot of money on a website, but to wait and think and see how the business evolved over a period of time.  The blog has been a fantastic stop-gap until I really knew and understood my businesses place in market. As a creative person, I felt the look and feel and the way it builds upon the brand values we've already worked very hard to achieve, was of the utmost importance. I wanted it to be full of beautiful images (taken by some very talented photographers - especially the lovely Mr Niel Stewart) and show how simply beautiful the flowers themselves are, reflecting at the same time our vintage-inspired, romantic design-style.



Although the idea is that you'll hopefully want to spend time slowly pouring over the pretties, we wanted the site to be really simple, functional and quick and easy to use. There's nothing more frustrating than getting lost on a site, going round and round in circles!  We've thought long and hard about who might be using the site and have come up with some nice little ideas of how to make choosing your flowers easier. One of which, is our gorgeous regular magazine 'Inspire' - a style guide aimed at Brides who are looking for flowery inspiration around a particular theme.  Our first issue is 'Natural' and is not only stunningly beautiful, but full of handy tips and ideas on how to achieve your 'look'.

Our blog too, is getting a face lift and a little update over the next week or so. The plan is to introduce a couple of new features which include all our gorgeous Real Weddings and, for you DIYers out there, our past tutorials in one handy little area.

My heartfelt thanks go out to the Dream Team who helped me put it together - just fantastic people to work with who really understand me and what I was looking for and to Sheffield's amazing Digital Direction programme - I can't begin to say how glad I am that I went along to the launch on that very cold day in January this year!

There's so much more to tell you, but perhaps its best if you pop over to and have a look for yourself.  There are lots of great links too - some of which might surprise you!

I'd also love to hear your thoughts as to whether the site is all we hoped it would be - please do mention any problems you encounter as the intention is to iron out any 'glitches' over the coming weeks.

So, pull up a chair, grab a cuppa and indulge in our fabulous new website!

I await your comments with baited breath ...

Tracey x

No comments: