Thursday 9 August 2012

Olivia & Stephen - It's A Family Affair

Feeling a little nervous at my first ever wedding fayre as Campbell's Flowers, Olivia came over with her little girls to look at my vintage inspired wedding flowers.  Beaming at me, she told me that not only was my style exactly what she was looking for, but the colours I'd chosen were perfect too ... and could she book me to design her wedding flowers? There and then. Just like that!

Needless to say, my jitters soon disappeared.

During our consultation she showed me a lovely card she had which perfectly showed the colours she was looking for - soft, pretty pinks and brighter magenta set off with a gorgeous powder blue.  Olivia was absolutely certain that she wanted her bouquet to include cottage-style, pretty, flowers and so we decided upon 'Sarah Bernhardt' peonies, pale pink double lisianthus, light pink bouvardia for texture, tiny bright magenta 'Video!' roses and lovely dark pink astrantia. Her beautiful flowers were teamed with soft bluey-green wispy eucalyptus which softened the whole bouquet and made it look really informal and 'just picked'.

She and Stephen both have little girls and Olivia told me that she wanted all four of them as bridesmaids, but was concerned that they whatever they carried should be really delicate and not too big or overpowering. So I suggested making little posies from pale blue delphinium to introduce the powder blue colour which she really loves.  Olivia was thrilled, and I must admit I was really excited as I'd never made anything like it before and thought they would be so pretty.

Olivia got in touch just the other day and kindly let me have a few of the professional photographs by  Frances Milburn Photography


Olivia's bouquet


A close-up of the gorgeous peonies, bouvardia, astrantia, lisianthus and eucalyptus


Lisianthus buds are always paler than the open blooms and add a lovely natural, soft creamy-pink colour to the bouquet


The little buttonholes featured a tiny 'Video!' rose, a lisianthus bloom and a delphinium floret and were finished with a tie of co-ordinating organza ribbon


I added a little lavender to the delphinium bouquets for the little bridesmaids for additional texture and depth of colour





I was also asked to make a romantic, vintage style design suitable for the ceremony table


Here it is in place, all ready for the ceremony


Here are the wonderful shots Olivia sent me ... 











You can see what a fantastically chilled, laid-back Bride Olivia was - it was such a pleasure working with her.  She sent me a little 'thank you' email which I was delighted to get:-

"Hi Tracey,

I just wanted to write and thank you so very much for the beautiful flowers you arranged for our wedding - they were stunning and far exceeded what I had hoped for!

Very best wishes

Olivia"

Isn't that wonderful? I had such a lovely time designing Olivia's gorgeous seasonal Summer flowers - there's such a vast range of materials to work with during July.

What about you? Do you have any preferences? Are you in love with peonies and summery pastels or are Autumnal golds, Wintery berries or Spring bulbs more your thing?

As always, it's great to hear from you and if you need any advice or help with choosing your wedding flowers - I'll do my best!

Tx





3 comments:

Campbells Flowers said...

Thanks very much, hope the post was interesting - it's always great when Brides get in touch with professional photos. Tx

Diana said...

My name is Diana and I am from the US and I look at your designs all the time because they unlike any other. I want to get into floral design and your work inspires me. Please continue to post!

Campbells Flowers said...

Hello Diana, what an incredibly lovely comment to leave. Thank you so much. I'm so pleased to hear that my blog is useful to you and I really hope I can carry on providing you with floral design inspiration in the future. Tx