Tuesday 26 June 2012

Wedding Flower Trends - A Summer Colour Palette

The past couple of weeks have been absolutely frantic with so many things happening, but in particular, I've been incredibly busy with consultations for next year.  So much so, that I'm almost fully booked for June 2013 and have even taken a booking for 2014!

As you all know, I work with seasonal flowers and luckily for me, my business seems to attract the kind of Bride who loves really romantic, delicate, feminine designs with a 'just picked' look.  Not only that, but the work I've got booked in for next year is fresh, exciting and above all incredibly creative.  Without giving too much away, what I can say is that Brides are increasingly adding their own clever, and sometimes quirky, ideas to mine.  I come from an Advertising background originally and so am thrilled that the familiar process and exchange of ideas that is 'brainstorming' works so well during our consultations.

What I have noticed too, is that colour choices are expanding and changing and one colour trend which has been predicted to become increasingly popular, is yellow.  I have a yellow themed wedding this year and am noticing that Brides are sometimes adding blues and creams to create a gorgeous soft, dreamy colour palette for early Summer.


So, to help anyone who is deliberating over colour, here are some ideas based on this palette which I put together over the past couple of days:-




I adore this Nigella or Love-in-the-Mist as it is commonly known - what a fabulously romantic name!



Using creams with brighter colours can create a softer palette


The ming fern and lonicera I've used as foliages create some nice opposite textures


A pretty, fresh bouquet using Nigella, Aster, Chrysanthemum Daisy and Spray Roses


Here are some buttonhole designs in slightly different colour ways and finished with co-ordinating ribbons




Why not create a series of buttonholes for your wedding? You could use different designs for the Groom, Best Man, Ushers and Guests


I've designed two quite different table arrangements - both very pretty, soft and delicate but quite different in structure



...and finally, an open heart design to hang on a door, fence or gatepost to welcome your guests 


I hope my designs have inspired you - the possibilities are really exciting! If you have any queries or need any help or advice with which flowers to choose within your colour scheme, leave me a comment or email me and I will get in touch as soon as I can.

Tracey x

4 comments:

Sanna said...

I feel like home. :) so much childhood meadows and picking wild flowers for Midsummer. Thanks for inspiration.
Sanna

florist said...

I like the post for giving the relevant information on wedding flower trends topic.

Melanie said...

I just adore that wreath of roses. I would love to hang that on my front door. I really admire your work x

Campbells Flowers said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments everyone - I have to admit that I love the soft pastels I've been working with recently, but think this latest blue, white and cream colour palette is just lovely and I can't wait to work with next year's Brides who've chosen this! x