Wednesday 28 March 2012

Simple & Stylish Wedding Bouquets

I have to be honest, I have a bit of a passion for Wedding Bouquets made from all the same materials.

Back in the day, when I was studying floristry, I excitedly turned up at a couple of rather fabulous trade events in London, which always culminated in a demonstration by some god or goddess of our industry.  At once such event, I was lucky enough to watch Ercole Moroni who, at that time was still at the marvellous McQueens, very close to where I worked.

During the demonstration, I was mesmerised by the simplicity of his designs - gorgeous white tulips hand tied and cut alarmingly short and then placed in glass cubes all in a row or, luscious Bridal bouquets of one particular variety of rose.  Everything he did was uncomplicated and uncluttered and his designs seemed to focus on the intrinsic beauty of the individual blooms - its a style I have always loved and still gives me goosebumps.

So here are a few designs I've created recently which were inspired by my early influence - I hope you like them, I've loved making them!


 Pink Bouvardia bouquet with ribbon detail




I'm slightly cheating here - but the essence of what I mean is definitely here with these 'Vendella' and 'Akito' roses!


'Ronaldo' tulips with a Rosemary buttonhole


Gorgeous Muscari with lace overlay onto blue satin ribbon and finished with one of my vintage brooches



Fabulous 'Cool Water' and 'Memory Lane' roses (I have a secret passion for long stems!)


Gorgeous bright Spray Rose 'Shine'


If you had a wedding bouquet made from all the same flowers - I'd love to see photos.  It's always good to hear from those of you who read my blog.

'til the next time ... Enjoy!


Tracey



No comments: