Saturday 24 March 2012

Ladies Day at The Viper Rooms - A Barnardo's Fundraiser

A couple of weekends ago I was involved in a fund raising Ladies Day at the Viper Rooms in Sheffield, organised by a group of gorgeous third year Event Planning students from Sheffield Hallam University.  The event was planned, organised and run by the students as part of their final year dissertation and I was lucky enough to work with the lovely Saskia who, happily for me, adores all thing floral!

Stall holders were asked to contribute to the fund raising event by paying £25.00 for their stand and guests bought tickets for a nominal amount, with all the proceeds going to Barnardo's.  The Ladies day featured all kinds of wonderful contributors including make-up demonstrations, jewellery designers, dress designers, gift cards, delicious cup cakes and rather decadent (and quite potent!) cocktails.  The attention to detail was superb with all guests greeted with a cocktail, specially designed for the day and little cupcake cases of nibbles.

We were also treated to two different sets of singers, both with fabulous voices and whose music added to the general ambiance of the afternoon.  I demonstrated a little table arrangement which I placed in a vintage-style jug and then worked on a heart design which I had been thinking about for some time.  I got some really lovely comments from lots of incredibly friendly women, which was really gratifing and, although it hadn't been my intention, ended up with two orders for my heart design and met a lovely Bride who has subsequently ordered some designs from me!


A hand tied design of Avalanche Roses, Pussy Willow, Stocks, Limoninum, Eucalyptus Cinerea, Wax Flower, and Ammus



My heart design which was ordered for an Engagement Party and Mother's Day, but would make a wonderful gift to adorn a guest signing table at a wedding.


Detail shot of the materials - hebe, astrantia, lisianthus, limonium, stocks and 'Sweet Avalanche' roses.


My stand - I'm just about to start the second demonstration!


I had a really fantastic day and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, made some new friends and have just received an email from Saskia that the day raised over £800! Absolutely amazing.

Right, I'm off to the market to get some flowers for a really exciting event I'm going to be part of on Monday - need to get my creative head on!

Will be back soon, 'til then - enjoy!


Tracey 

2 comments:

Anne-Marie Smith said...

Your work is simply beautiful and never fails to inspire me - Anne-Marie x

Campbells Flowers said...

Wow! What an unbelievably wonderful comment - thank you so, so much. T x